Rodale has earned numerous accolades for being a healthy workplace. And when we say healthy, we mean it in a whole-life sense of the term: Our benefits, culture, and workplace initiatives span mental, physical, emotional, and professional development. We like to have fun, too.
- Medical/prescription coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Health Savings, Dependent Care, and Commuter Spending accounts
- Disability coverage
- Life insurance coverage
- 401(k) retirement and savings plan with company match
- Generous paid time off (PTO) policy
- Maternity & paternity leave benefits
BENEFITS ABOVE & BEYOND
- Alternative medicine component to medical/prescription coverage including acupuncture and massage therapy
- On-site health screenings and services (including skin checks, blood pressure, cholesterol, flu shots)
- Paid time to volunteer
- Floating holiday
- Adoption Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) tuition reimbursement
Whether they happen in your office or down the hall, our wellness programs make healthy lifestyle choices convenient and enjoyable. Below are some, but not all, of the health-focused, in-house benefits available to Rodale employees. Benefits below are offered in one or both locations.
- Two on-site gyms
- On-site yoga room offering weekly fitness classes
- Health club reimbursement program and discounted rates at four of NYC’s largest fitness centers
- Ergonomic and standing desks
- One-mile outdoor walking trail
- Indoor bike storage
- Organic Rodale’s Real Food Kitchen, our on-site cafeteria
- Access to a CSA that provides fresh, organic fruits, veggies, and more from local farms (pickup conveniently located on-site)
- Skylit meditation kiva, where employees can step away for a moment of calm and meditation
- Quiet rooms
SCREENINGS, PREVENTION & PERSONAL COMFORT
- Wellness days include activities and seminars focused on healthy living, spirituality, fitness, financial wellness, family care, friendly competition, and fun!
- Annual on-site health screenings (skin checks, blood pressure, cholesterol, flu shots)
- Smoke-free campus
- Private nursing rooms
- Summer Fridays: From Memorial Day to Labor Day, many employees enjoy participating in summer Fridays, making up two hours earlier in the week to leave the office in the early afternoon with department coverage and manager approval.
- Frequent workday and after-hours workshops on topics ranging from organization to creativity to spiritual wellness, health, and arts and crafts
- Discounts on Rodale products, including books on healthy living, fitness DVDs, products from our e-commerce store Rodales.com, and gift subscriptions to our nationally recognized health and wellness magazines
- Opportunities to be the first to participate in new-product test panels
- Discounts to Rodale-branded experiences and products
- Access to health, fitness, and wellness content on Rodale’s branded website, and access to our privately owned heath and wellness library — believed to be one of the largest in the United States
- Tuition-reimbursement, continuing-education, and mentorship opportunities
- Career development and training
- Company-sponsored volunteer opportunities offered throughout the year
- Family-friendly outings, activities, and events
- Take Your Child to Work Day
- Rodale Garden Club: growing organic fruits and veggies on campus and making them available to all employees
RODALE CHILD CARE CENTER
- Rodale’s Emmaus campus offers fully accredited, subsidized on-site child care for infants through school-age children.
- Part of the Bright Horizons Early Education & Preschool family, the Rodale Child Care Center operates Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., and offers a carefully planned curriculum designed to inspire children in their early development and learning years.
SUMMER DAY CAMP
- Rodale’s Summer Day Camp offers the peace of mind parents need and the adventure kids love! Open to students in grades 1 through 6, Rodale’s Summer Camp is held on the Rodale Organic Farm in Allentown, Pennsylvania — the birthplace of organic in America. Campers play outdoor games, craft, swim, and learn about the organic farm and animals.