WOMEN’S HEALTH LAUNCHES YOGA CHANNEL ON WOMENSHEALTHMAG.COM
-Yoga Instructor Tara Stiles Provides Expert Commentary and Tips-
NEW YORK, April 23, 2009— Women’s Health, the women’s lifestyle magazine published by Rodale Inc., has launched Women’s Health Yoga, an entire channel of the Women’s Health website exclusively dedicated to yoga. The new channel offers detailed yoga workouts, stress-management solutions, weight-loss advice, slideshows, how-to videos, and a rich library of poses, descriptions, and instructions.
“Yoga is consistently one of the top terms searched on WomensHealthMag.com, so we launched a comprehensive channel that provides yoga beginners and devotees alike with a wealth of interactive content on one of their favorite fitness subjects,” said Michele Promaulayko, Editor-in-Chief of Women’s Health.
Highlights of the Women’s Health Yoga channel include:
· Expert Advice: Yoga instructor, Wilhelmina model, and actress Tara Stiles provides expert commentary throughout the vast collection of videos and articles.
· Pose Library: A streamlined encyclopedia of more than 100 poses features photos, videos, step-by-step instructions, and detailed benefits. Readers can search by level of difficulty and by Sanskrit name.
· Solutions: A “Fix It With Yoga” tool allows readers to find sequences to help with specific ailments, including neck pain, back pain, and depression. The “Best Yoga For…” tool provides poses for all aspects of life, such as commuting, core strengthening, or better sex.
· Basics: A gold mine for all levels. Beginners can explore reference guides and a glossary of “yoga speak,” find out what to expect in a basic yoga class and get advice on class etiquette, and more.
· Types of Yoga: Readers will find profiles of 14 popular styles of yoga, complete with a cheat sheet detailing benefits of each style, related styles, and need-to-know advice for first-timers.
· Articles: Premium original content that covers all aspects and benefits of yoga, including weight loss and stress management.
· Newsletter: Readers will receive The Yoga Connection newsletter, a biweekly e-mail round-up of great yoga tips and solutions from the site.
The Women’s Health Yoga channel is at www.WomensHealthMag.com/yoga.
# # #
About Women’s Health
Launched in October 2005 and published 10 times a year by Rodale Inc., Women’s Health is a fresh, smart, and inspiring magazine for today’s active young women. The magazine and website, WomensHealthMag.com, speak to every aspect of a woman’s life, including health, fitness, nutrition, emotional well-being, sex and relationships, beauty, and style. In January, the publication increased its rate base from 1.1 million to 1.35 million – a 23 percent increase and its fifth since the magazine’s inception. Women’s Health recently debuted on Adweek’s annual Hot List in the No. 4 spot, after ranking No. 1 in 2008 on Adweek’s Hot List of magazines with less than $50 million in PIB revenue. Women’s Health also recently ranked No. 2 on Advertising Age’s A-List. These lists recognize ten magazines for outstanding performance in circulation, advertising, and overall buzz within the industry.
CONTACT: Erin Clinton, 212.808.1683, Erin.Clinton@Rodale.com